Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Something Other Than Cards

One of the things I like to do other than stamp is bake. I bake cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.  I thought I would share some of the  things I have baked. Remember I'm not a professional decorator. I see an idea in my head but sometimes I just can't seem to get it on the cake.



                                          

I made the cake and cupcakes to take to my mom's last Easter.  I used piping gel to make the stain glass cross. The grass on the cupcakes was made by using a grass decorating tip. The jellybeans are the Easter eggs.


                                         

The pool cake was for our daughter's 22nd birthday party. We rented an inflatable water slide. Family and friends came over to enjoy the water slide, hot dogs, hambergers, and the pool cake.  Yes, we had ice cream as well. Everyone had a blast including our dog Luke.
                                                            

                                          

We had some much fun at her 22nd birthday party, we did it again for her 23rd birthday party. This time she wanted an Ewok cake. He was three different flavors. His ears and arms were make using Rice Krispy treats. I used modeling chocolate for his facial features, wrap, and toes. His stick was wrapped with modeling chocolate, also.

There's no telling what kind of cake she will want this year. But will have to wait to see. Her birthday isn't until July.

I'll share other baked goods with you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment